Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Princesses, The Princess & the Frog & A Little Princess

We had a great Christmas & New Year's. Here are some pics from the last few weeks:

Emy loves Mia...
and Mia loves Emy...
My sweet girls.

The drift of snow outside the girls' playroom window...
More sweetness...
Here are the girls right before we left to see The Princess and the Frog...tutus and all! I've been wondering when Disney would get around to creating a dark skinned princess. Well, they finally did it & the movie was pretty good. According to Mia, the best part of the movie was the lightning bug...according to Emy, the best part of the movie was the popcorn!



The girls and their grampa in the princess tent!
Christmas Day

I just watched this again with my girls and I wanted to share one of the songs from the movie. This is a remake of the Shirley Temple movie. If for some reason you don't know the story, it's about a girl who leaves India to go to a girls school because her father is being sent off to war (her mother has passed). While there, they get word that her father has died in battle and she is forced to work at the school and serve the other girls. She escapes the harshness of her new reality by telling the other girls stories of India. The remake is a great movie and I nearly cry every time I watch it. If you have kids and haven't seen the movie yet, go rent it! Here's the movie's original trailer and here's a song from the movie:


4 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Beautiful pictures of your princesses. I wanna get this movie for Maiya,how was it? :) Gidget
Waiting on NOC,hoping it comes soon.

Fenwick 5 said...

I just ordered that movie The Little Princess,it looks great and we can't wait to watch it. A big thank you for recommending it.:)

Jeff and Leslie said...

Hi! We just found your blog. Your girls are adorable! Looking forward to reading back through your adoption adventure.

Peter and Nancy said...

I just loved that book and can't wait to read it to Anya Rashi, but I've never seen any of the movie versions. The Secret Garden (by the same author) is a wonderful story too, but has no India connection. :o) Thanks for the recommendation!
Nancy