Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thanks for your encouraging comments on my last post...I knew some of you had been there and would understand!

Well, my last post was a little "word-heavy" so I thought I'd just throw a few fun things in this post. First of all, I found the sweetest book at Barnes and Noble tonight. Dustin and I took the girls for a little family outing and when I read this children's book I nearly bawled right there in the store. I read it several times to Mia tonight and one page gets me every time!  Maybe it's just me...I've had to stop reading her "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein (hands down my favorite book) 'cause I can't read it without crying!  Well, anyway -- if I could write a book for my girls, it would be exactly like this...



Here's just another little random morsel of goodness.  One of my favorite singers right now is Yael Naim...and this is one of my favorites of hers (her best in my opinion is "Lachlom", but there's no video to be found for that one).  Don't feel bad if you can't understand her...she's singing in Hebrew and French.





More randomness...great song & great video...




Cute story...



Anyway, happy Friday Eve and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Adoption Blog said...

How Precious, this story between Tara and Bella! I am so so moved! Dogs I love as you very well know and elephants are my next favourite animal. 4 years ago, when we went to Sri lanka we went to the Elephant orphanage in Kandi. These were very precious moments!

Yael Naim, we love too. They used her music for the add of the Apple Mac book air: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLb7EVF6-Jc
Thank you for sharing & have a lovely week-end.

Saskia
XXX

Julie & Patrick said...

Just read "On the Night You Were Born" last night to Devi before bedtime. It is one of favorites too.

On your last post, you are not alone...we are plodding through another lengthy India adoption which may result in no child, simply because of the reason you mentioned. I don't think we could embrace another country and it's culture the way we do India! Definitely riding on the coat tails of Faith!!

Julie R